Even without the baking, I still spend most of the day in the kitchen. Which can be lonely, but thankfully Chippy the clever dog played her third favorite game with Amy and me. First of all, she's not allowed in the house, so she can only sneak in sometimes.So the game goes like this:
- Hang out by the braai(BBQ) area until nobody is paying attention
- Sneak into the house through the open door
- Trot through the house to the kitchen.
- Greet everyone there like long-lost friends.
- Wait by the door to be let out.
- Stand outside the kitchen door for a minute to see if anyone is coming to play.
- Either pretend to hear someone by the gate or just go trotting around the back
- Start over again: Hang out by the braai(BBQ) area until nobody is paying attention
And you can see that she absolutely enjoys each and every step of this game, which is why I can't bear to shut the door at the braai or close her gate to keep her away. She managed about 15-20 rounds on Christmas day.